Thursday, May 14, 2009

Hopefully people out there in the world look at this and at least attempt to help me out. I write a column in my schools newspaper and I'm currently writing a piece on H1N1 Virus (A.K.A Swine Flu). With this blog I'm hoping to get some helpful answers on what the symptoms are because every site I go to they aren't clearly listed ans I'm kind of a lazy writer. I hate reasding long messages. So if you could possibly list them they'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks tons!!!!

3 comments:

  1. A report from Mexico says that as many as 1/3 of H1N1 patients do not have a fever. This is unusual as fever and cough are usually the defining characteristics of a flu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read that the symptoms of H1N1 mirror those of other types of flu. However, I did learn just yesterday that H1N1 can present with no fever. My 16 year old has all the symptoms but with no fever. Very odd and I am positive that her dr will argue me into the ground about how there is ALWAYS a fever and that is just not the case. If my daughter does not have H1N1, I will be very surprised. If they say it is allergies, I'm going to scream so loud I'll be heard into Canada!! I ahve allergies and this is NOT allergies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A small company in Eugene Oregon has produced an interactive multi-media computer program about respiratory illness. Designed for people with intellectual disabilities, the program teaches about germs and germ transmission, symptoms of cold and flu, what to do if you are ill, and how to start preparing your home incase you become ill and need to stay home from work or school. The program was evaluated and a research report is included on the website: www.techaidinstitute.com

    ReplyDelete